Question

TV sound on even after TV is switched off

• 17 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

My set up is an LG55C8 with a Sonos Beam and two play 1 surround speakers connected to the TV via ARC and HDMI Freesat TV and also connected via HDMI to MAG322 IPTV paid subscription and a new 4K Firestick TV.

I had lip sync issues but found that turning off True motion resolved most of these issues but the firestick is prone to the issue when watching live TV (I know its not live as its over the Internet) however my issue is weird

Whenever I turn the TV off after a few seconds the TV sound comes back on and I have to turn the sound down to zero on the beam, however the same issue happens when I switch from TV to music after a few seconds the music switches off and the TV sound from the last program I was watching then comes on.

Does anybody have any idea’s why this is happening please?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

As a guess, it seems as though the LG is leaving the ARC functionality energized even when the TV is “off”, which is not really off, just a “low power” state.

The first thing I’d be doing is checking to see if there is a firmware/software update for the TV fromLG. Frequently these kinds of things are fixed fairly quickly by these updates. However, if it doesn’t fix the up issue, I would be calling LG. This is absolutely not a Sonos issue, as it is only playing what it is handed, it is the TV’s responsibility to stop sending a signal. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks I guessed that was what was happening and have already sent a message to LG but no response so far

Thanks again