Answered

TV Sound not loud enough

• 29 January 2021
  • 4 replies

I recently refurbed my kitchen/dinner. As per diagram I am having real difficulty with getting enough sound from the in ceiling speakers to reach my seating area, which is around 8 metres from the TV (65inch).

The in ceiling speakers give perfect sound but not to my seating position.

I have play one either side of the seating area, to provide the surround side,  but normal TV dialogue sound doesn’t come out from these, unless its music,  or in 5.1, even then it’s very limited

I  think I should have positioned the ceiling speakers above the seating area - but I haven’t

Ideally I want the tv sound to come from the play ones, as I can’t move the ceiling speakers. Is this possible? or any other solutions much appreciated.

If I turn sonos off and use the TVs internal speakers the sound is adequate, but this defeats the objective of having the system in the first place.

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 29 January 2021, 19:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

I’m assuming you currently have the Play:1s connected as surrounds to your Sonos Amp. If so, you could disconnect them as surrounds, pair them as a stereo pair in a separate “room”, and group them with the Amp while watching TV. This will allow the Play:1s to play the full TV audio rather than just the rear surround channels. With this setup, you might experience a slight audio delay while playing TV audio through the Play:1s though. Music will still be in sync.

You could also experiment with keeping the Play:1s unpaired as separate “rooms” and group the Amp and individual Play:1s together to see which setup sounds better. Not sure it would make that much of a difference though.

That’s perfect. Tv sorted thanks so much. Just need to sort the delay. 

I assume if I want to play music as my previous set up ie amp/sub/surround sound etc that options gone now. 

Userlevel 7

Yes, that option is not available unless you reconnect the Play:1s as surrounds again. But this new setup will still sound good because the Play:1s are now acting as a stereo pair… it may even make your music sound better than your previous setup.

Cheers