Answered

TV remote volume stopped working

• 27 March 2018
  • 5 replies

I have a Playbase connected to an LG tv. When I initially setup the system I paired the Sky TV remote to Sonos and turned off the TV speakers as instructed and it all worked fine. However, now it's stopped working and I have to use the app to control the TV volume. I have tried to pair the original TV remort with the Playbase and, whilst the app tells me it's been recognised, that doesnt work either.

I've read through the Topics on here and wider on the internet and tried various things like restting the Sky remote (from the Sky help pages) but to no avail.

Can you help ?
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 27 March 2018, 15:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Higgy64

According to the links below:

Sky remotes do not support Soundbars...If they do it's hit or miss.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-use-your-sky-remote-control

Sky remotes also may work with an IR Blaster...agan hit or miss
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-use-your-sky-remote-control

Operationally, you may be able to reproduce the settings you used in the beginning or it may have just been a fluke. Also if the firmware has been updated in the remote that may have removed whatever settings were once compatible.

A possible option may be to purchase a universal remote like a Logitech Harmony :? Good Luck!

Cheers!
Thanks AJ - that might explain the Sky remote not working ( but it DID work once, so something in the Remote was pairing at some point)... but it doesn't explain why the original TV remote also doesn't work... hmmm...
Userlevel 7
Thanks AJ - that might explain the Sky remote not working ( but it DID work once, so something in the Remote was pairing at some point)... but it doesn't explain why the original TV remote also doesn't work... hmmm...

Hi again, Higgy64

If you are using the LG Magic Remote it is not IR. The same goes for any non-IR remote. You must make adjustments as shown in the link:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4267/kw/lg%20remote

Cheers!
Thanks. It’s not an LG smart remote. What’s interesting is that the sky remote will mute the play base but not alter the volume
Userlevel 7
Thanks. It’s not an LG smart remote. What’s interesting is that the sky remote will mute the play base but not alter the volume

Hi again...

Last options I can offer since you say the remote will mute but not alter volume. Assuming you have done all the necessary trouble shooting and reprogramming of the Sky remote...

Unplug your Playbase for about 30 seconds to see if that helps, if not submit a diagnostic via the Sonos App and post the Reference ID in this forum. Call Sonos to discuss the possibly of a defective Playbase. :(

I truly, hope you get everything sorted out. Cheers!

PS
Have you tried changing the batteries in the Sky Remote (assuming they are not permanent in the remote as re-chargeable)?