Question

tv remote volume control stopped working

• 3 August 2019
  • 0 replies

I moved my 3 year old playbar to my vacation house and when setting it up I couldn’t get the playbar to recognize the remote for volume control. I tried to pair it with the xfinity xr15 remote or the Samsung tv remote with no luck. I spent an hour and a half on the phone with Sonos only to end up that they thought my ir receiver on the Sonos was bad even though it had worked perfectly at my other house. I ran out and bought a new playbar and I had the same problem. I then took my old playbar and hooked it up to another tv and it recognized the xfinity remote without a problem. In the cabinet under the tv I have my router, a T-Mobile Cel booster, telephone and a Samsung hub as well as a Sonos amp , DVD player and the xfinity receiver. I thought the issue might be interference so I disconnected the T-Mobile, phone, and Samsung hub. Tried to set it up again and it worked. This morning though, turned on the tv and the volume is not working again. Any idea what could be the problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.