Answered

TV disconnecting from Beam and 2 x one surrounds

• 3 September 2023
  • 13 replies

Hi there

2 days ago my Samsung tv stopped sending sound through my Beam and surrounds. 
I’ve tried all the previous suggestions such as TV software update, unplugging all cables from both sides etc. the App says it’s connected to the tv but still no sound. 
If I reset / unplug everything as above then the sound comes through again but once I turn the Tv off the lights on all speakers start to flash white and  it’s not recognised again once I turn things on again? 
any help would be appreciated before I end up resetting all speakers to factory reset 

thanks Dan 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 September 2023, 10:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Don’t Factory Reset the SONOS.

With respect to the TV are you actually removing power when you turn it OFF, or are you using its tempt to put the TV into standby?

Is BEAM wired to the network?

Userlevel 7

With respect to power. Are all components (TV and Beam) plugged into the same power strip?

Thanks for the reply’s 

the tv is wall mounted with both the tv and Beam plugged into a wall mounted power point behind I’ve left both plugged in but turned the socket off at each when trying to reset? 
the beam is hard wired to the network with cat6 cabling. 
its been working fine for the last 3 years until 2 days ago? 

Userlevel 7

OK…is the power point you speak of some type of smart switch wherein turning on the TV triggers power to it and the Beam? If so therein lies your problem. Please post a response.

Hi there

no it’s just a regular PowerPoint, the whole setup has been working fine. It’s as if an auto update on either the tv or sonos has a glitch in it? 
it shows up in the app as being connected to the tv, makes the chime through the speaker that it’s connected but then still no sound from anything being played from the tv.

might try and switch over the hdmi to ruel that out but that means getting the tv off the wall

no it’s just a regular PowerPoint, the whole setup has been working fine. It’s as if an auto update on either the tv or sonos has a glitch in it? 
it shows up in the app as being connected to the tv, makes the chime through the speaker that it’s connected but then still no sound from anything being played from the tv.

might try and switch over the hdmi to ruel that out but that means getting the tv off the wall

The issue described and the timing of it is exactly the same as what I’m experiencing with my Sono Amp and the tv audio connection through the Amp.

Is this due to recent updates?

Is yours a Samsung Tv?

Yes! and I also tried reset everything, deleted the app to clear all data, and set up the amp like it’s brand new. And the issue still persists that the audio would only work temporarily and would stop coming through again.

Right now I just can’t use the amp at all cuz I can’t be resetting and unplugging replugging multiple times per day just for it to work temporarily. Extremely frustrating and you are not alone. Hoping there will be a solution soon.

It is so annoying, glad in a way I’m not alone with this because I was beginning to think I was losing my mind. 
updated the tv software and it worked straight away but then when I turn off the tv it reverted to not working normally.

I might have to contact Sonos directly or Samsung to raise the issue? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Dank77 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Reports are that a recent Samsung software update to multiple models has introduced an issue whereby Dolby Digital + (and in some cases Dolby Digital too) won’t play on external audio devices.

Some users report that they are able to get TV audio again by restricting the TV to play Dolby Digital or PCM audio formats.

I recommend you contact Samsung support for assistance.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Corry

I ended up speaking to Sonos who told me the same thing….updated tv software update and adjusted expert sound settings with Beam disconnected and ( touch wood)  seems to have resolved the problem.

appreciate everyone’s help and advice with this 👍🏻