Answered

TV connection issues (Sony Bravia) after power outage

• 22 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge

Alright, so I found a lot of similar issues, and went thru a bevy of solutions on said threads, but nothing seems to fix the exact issue I’m seeing…

tl;dr: Power outage happened Monday. Since then, have had issues with TV and Beam + OneSL (right and left).

The surround sound works great when I play music from the app or directly from Spotify. The Beam will play TV audio, but often I have to switch from “Audio System” to “TV Speakers” then back to “Audio System” before sound comes out. Additionally, the L and R OneSL are a crap shoot on if they will sync with the Beam and play audio (from TV only).

Things I’ve already done:

• Reset modem and router
  • Unplugged/reset Beam and OneSLs
  • Disconnected OneSLs from Beam and regrouped
  • Attempted to run (multiple times) “TV Setup” from room settings, but getting “Bravia Sync not connected! Please try again...”, even though Bravia sync is on and connected, and Beam is connected to TV via ARC HDMI port 
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 February 2020, 22:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge

Forgot to mention, the only other bit of information which may or may not be helpful: before power outage, when I’d turn the TV off either via remote or Google Voice, Beam and OneSLs would have solid white light. Now, it’s solid green…

Not sure if that helps/makes a difference (I know solid green means “pause”, just not sure if this is indicative of a change/switch that might lead to solving issues once and for all).

Try unplugging the TV from the wall for 2 minutes. It sounds to me like the  TV OS didn’t reboot properly after the power outage, and you need to force that to happen, which will force a new handshake with the Beam also. 

Badge

Try unplugging the TV from the wall for 2 minutes. It sounds to me like the  TV OS didn’t reboot properly after the power outage, and you need to force that to happen, which will force a new handshake with the Beam also. 

Thanks, Bruce!

Tried doing that, and while initially it seemed to work (Beam + L and R OneSL connected to TV), after I turned it off and back on again there was no sound. I had to switch to TV Speakers, then back to Audio System to get it to work/recognize. Additionally, TV Setup is still not working .

One other thing that might/might not be worth mentioning… I’m 98.9% sure that, when I set up the system, the TV was on my standard 5GHz wifi network. I know that I had to switch my phone over to 2.4GHz network for setup, and I was doing that while trying to run the TV Setup option, but I’m not sure if that might be an issue. However, before the power outage, I’m almost positive my TV was on the 5GHz wifi and not the same one as the Beam...

What frequency the TV is on wouldn’t have any impact, other than potential interference with the connection between the Beam and the surrounds. The TV is communicating with the Beam via the HDMI-ARC connection, but the surrounds connect to the Beam via a 5 GHz channel. 

I would recommend that you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7.  

@Gibbons512 

I believe that Airgetlam’s advice on giving Sonos support a call is your best bet so that we can take care of the issue live with you. I would recommend taking a diagnostic report of your Sonos system so that way we have a clear view of your system.

Badge

quick update, for anyone who’s suffering the same issues or curious:

Called Sonos support and, while supper curious and helpful, no dice. Advice was to contact Sony, which I’m sure will get me no where.

I bought a new HMDI ARC cable, just in case, and nothing there either.