Question

TV Autoplay and ungrouping.

• 21 August 2020
  • 3 replies

I have 'Kitchen' (Play 1) and 'Living Room' (Beam, with HDMI to TV) grouped playing music, then I stop the music playing as I settle down to watch TV.

But.. upon turning TV on, it kicks Beam into action and then starts playing it's Sonos group - kitchen starts again!

It's annoying, the Beam shouldn't start it's group again, it should realise it's the TV HDMI turning it on and it should think "only Living Room, not Kitchen"

'TV Autoplay' and 'Ungroup on Autoplay' both enabled in Living Room's Home Theatre settings.

Bug, or mis-configured?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @edfosho, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern about Autoplay and ungrouping your Sonos products. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

So, I also logged this in the r/sonos Reddit community, and a kind user suggested toggling the 'TV Autoplay' and 'Ungroup on Autoplay' settings as an update may have affected it. This worked, it’s nor working as expected.

I must say, shame on Sonos if it was a software update... premium kit, I'd expect premium software updates that do not void user configuration.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @edfosho, thanks for the update. I understand where you're coming from. Regarding this issue. I’ll have it checked for any software ugs so we can have it fixed on future software updates. but If that worked for you now. then I’ll ask you to observe if it stays working that way or if the issue reoccurs.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.