Answered

Turn tv on from diffrent room

• 9 September 2022
  • 4 replies

I have 2 amps on the same network and different rooms. When I turn on one TV , the other TV turn on too. The room are far so it’s not signal from remote control turning on 2 tv’s and if I turn of amps this issue don’t happen 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 15 September 2022, 12:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

What brands/models are the 2 TVs?  Are they identicial?  Do you have Amazon Alexa or Google Voice setup in your home?  Any other sort of smart home controls?

By ‘turning off’ the amps, are you unplugging them from power, or disconnecting the HDMI cable?

Do you Tvs connect to each other? 

Do the TV’s share any devices, such as the same Blu-ray player, cable box , AppleTV, etc.?

How are you controlling the TV’s? TV remote? Cable box remote? 3rd party control?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Daytrindade 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

This is likely a CEC issue. Either disable CEC or install CEC isolators on the TV’s HDMI inputs.