trueplay with surrounds

• 26 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi all , I'm going to be trueplaying my room in the next few days , I have the beam 2 and 2 One SL surround speakers , when I use trueplay do I have the surround speaker level in the app on full or does trueplay over ride the levels in the app and I just walk around with the iPad ? 

Also I've been reading about one surround speaker being a different level after t.p , does that still happen or was it a bug in the past ? 

Thanks all 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

I would set the music and TV surround levels to 0, perform Trueplay tuning, and then adjust the surround levels to your liking.

If the surround speakers are spaced pretty evenly apart in the room, Trueplay tuning should keep both speaker levels balanced.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I would set the music and TV surround levels to 0, perform Trueplay tuning, and then adjust the surround levels to your liking.

If the surround speakers are spaced pretty evenly apart in the room, Trueplay tuning should keep both speaker levels balanced.

Thanks for your reply , I've now done the trueplay tuning , the beam 2 sounds better , more fuller sound but I seem to have lost the extra spaciousness of the surrounds , with trueplay off I can hear more detail in the surround than I can with t.p on , is it possible to trueplay just the bar and then turn on the surrounds so they're unaffected ??? Thanks 

Trueplay will have balanced all the channels, at the listening position. It will have set the surrounds’ level for normal usage. If the surrounds are now too low for your taste then simply turn them up.