Trueplay issue

• 21 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

Here is my setup Playbar - Sub - 2x Play:1

Here is my issue :

• I run Trueplay calibration every goes well and calibration complete. 
  • I can enjoy the sound of my TV calibrated as long as home theater does not automatically switch off. 
  • Once I switch back on the TV, sound is extremely low (I have to put it to 50% to ear any sound) and stutters very badly (nothing can be understand from a dialog for example).
    If I reboot my Playbar during movie is playing, sound will come back but if I press “pause” or switch off and back on the TV, same issue appears. 

• The only fix is to erase Trueplay calibration and reboot the system. 

I search everywhere online and nobody seems to have a similar issue. 
It’s a shame as Trueplay really improved the surrounding on my system!
Does anyone have an idea please?

Thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Trueplay calibration on your Sonos system. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to address the problem:

1. Verify Wi-Fi and network stability: Ensure that your Sonos components have a strong and stable Wi-Fi connection. Unstable network connectivity can cause issues with Trueplay calibration and overall system performance. Consider moving your router closer to your Sonos devices or using a Wi-Fi extender if needed.

2. Reset your Sonos system: Perform a reset of your entire Sonos system. This involves unplugging all Sonos devices from power, including the Playbar, Sub, and Play:1 speakers. Wait for a few minutes, then plug them back in and set up the system again from scratch. This can help resolve any temporary software or configuration issues.

3. Update Sonos software: Make sure that your Sonos system is running the latest software version. Open the Sonos app on your mobile device or computer, go to Settings, and check for any available updates. Keeping your system up to date can address compatibility issues and improve performance.

4. Disable any interfering devices: If you have other devices in close proximity to your Sonos system, such as wireless routers, cordless phones, or baby monitors, they could be causing interference. Try turning off or relocating these devices to see if it improves the performance of your Sonos system.

5. Contact Sonos support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it's best to reach out to Sonos customer support. They have specialized knowledge and tools to assist you further with troubleshooting and resolving the Trueplay calibration issue specific to your setup.

When contacting Sonos support, provide them with detailed information about your setup, the steps you've already taken to troubleshoot the issue, and any error messages or specific behavior you're observing. This will help them diagnose and address the problem more effectively.

Regards;

David Johnson.

Hi David,

I’ve tried almost everything you mention except for resetting all my setup. 

All my Sonos sound system is linked with Orbis that are quiet stable and speedy. 

I’ll give one more chance to Trueplay and if it does not work better, I’ll reset everything. 

Thank you.