Answered

Trueplay is pretty much a joke

• 19 October 2022
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
  • Chromatic Producer II
  • 58 replies

I guess I’ll treat my system as if I have an Android phone. I used to able to tune it but not anymore. Nothing has changed but it stops and tells to reduce noise. It’s as quit as I can get it so screw it!

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 20 October 2022, 18:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Move the sub a bit further from the wall. It worked for me as well. 

Badge +1

I guess I’ll treat my system as if I have an Android phone. I used to able to tune it but not anymore. Nothing has changed but it stops and tells to reduce noise. It’s as quit as I can get it so screw it!

Used to be able to tune it? Could you elaborate more on what the the issue is that you are having? Trueplay definitely works and does make a big difference in the sound.

This is happening to me, too.  Room is perfectly quiet and always worked before.  Diagnostic reference # 135426566.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @toyboy & @jgatie 

Thanks for your posts!

Please try rebooting the devices that Subs are bonded to.

If that doesn’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team directly.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I wonder if this is related to weird Sub symptoms I was having after 14.8.  Was all fixed with a power cycle of the affected speakers. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

You know y’all come up with these ideas which a pita to begin but you really don’t know if they will work or not. You’re just shooting in the dark. Now when some one else encounters this problem and finds a solution then I might open to trying it but until unless you know for certain then don’t post. All I’m saying is TruePlay used to work but now it doesn’t. One other person commented he’s had the same problem but no-one knows how to fix our problem as of yet.

You know y’all come up with these ideas which a pita to begin but you really don’t know if they will work or not. You’re just shooting in the dark. Now when some one else encounters this problem and finds a solution then I might open to trying it but until unless you know for certain then don’t post. All I’m saying is TruePlay used to work but now it doesn’t. One other person commented he’s had the same problem but no-one knows how to fix our problem as of yet.

The suggestion from Sonos Staff & others, was to simply try a reboot of the products - what’s the problem with giving that a try? It fixed it for @bockersjv.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

All I can say is wow.. what a response. Maybe not post your issue or ask for suggestions/ help???

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

All I can say is wow.. what a response. Maybe not post your issue or ask for suggestions/ help???

If no-one is prepared to try things out, how will it ever be resolved? Then again, maybe someone has resolved it but isn’t prepared to share the solution they found… 

Rebooted entire room, Arc, Sub, Surrounds.  Still saying too much noise.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Okay, so I gave in and went to my SL1 unplugged the power cord for at least 10 seconds, plugged the power cord back in and waited for over 1 minute. Tried the TruePlay again and sure enough I get the same message reduce the noise and I can’t reduce anymore than quiet. What’s crazy is I’ve used TruePlay in the past on this same speaker and it has worked so back to the drawing board.

Badge +1

Skip posting on the community page and contact Sonos support directly for direct help.

Badge +1

Agreed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a factory reset on the devices may be needed. Could have been an issue during software updates possibly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @toyboy and everyone.

If rebooting the devices and the controller is not sufficient, one thing to notice is that other apps running in the background that use your iOS devices microphone can interfere with Trueplay. Make sure to force-close these apps before you begin tuning. Additionally, make sure to disconnect any Bluetooth headphones or speakers before tuning as these can also interfere with Trueplay.

There is no reason to factory reset any device. If you still experience the same issue, as the previous moderator said, I too, would recommend you get in touch with our technical support team directly.

Sotiris C

One other thing I would like to quickly add here, is to also remove the case/cover from the iOS device, as that too ‘may’ interfere with the mic aperture/pickup.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello @toyboy and everyone.

If rebooting the devices and the controller is not sufficient, one thing to notice is that other apps running in the background that use your iOS devices microphone can interfere with Trueplay. Make sure to force-close these apps before you begin tuning. Additionally, make sure to disconnect any Bluetooth headphones or speakers before tuning as these can also interfere with Trueplay.

There is no reason to factory reset any device. If you still experience the same issue, as the previous moderator said, I too, would recommend you get in touch with our technical support team directly.

Sotiris C

Sotiris C: I tried your suggestion and by golly it worked! Thank you