Answered

Trueplay causing right surround to be too loud

• 15 June 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

So I’ve just gotten 2 One SL’s to use as surrounds and have tried all night tonight to get them tuned correctly. 

No matter what I do they are always unbalanced with the right one being to loud. I even factory reset them and swapped them to make sure one wasn’t faulty. 

Anyone got any ideas? One thing I’m thinking is factory resetting the surrounds and then trueplaying just the beam and then adding the surrounds and leaving them untuned and manually balancing them. 

icon

Best answer by ratty 15 June 2020, 12:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

So turns out as soon as you add surrounds it delete your previous trueplay so tuning and then adding the surrounds won’t work

You can’t Trueplay the Beam then add the surrounds. Adding them would erase the Trueplay tuning. 

The first phase of Trueplay sets the balance between the channels. Can you not stand closer to the right surround and see if that helps?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

You can’t Trueplay the Beam then add the surrounds. Adding them would erase the Trueplay tuning. 

The first phase of Trueplay sets the balance between the channels. Can you not stand closer to the right surround and see if that helps?

Yeah that’s the next thing I’m gonna try. 

it’s just silly that there’s no manual balance. It’s a very simple adjustment. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Just got confirmation that another user on reddit is having the exact same issue with the right surround in his set up which he also just recently set up. 

am now wondering if it is an issue with the most recent update to trueplay which was probably updated for the arc. 

Badge

Hi,

Have you been able to resolve your concern since or do you still have the same problem?

Badge

I think I just found the problem!

It seems that switching from "ambiance" to "full" reading to "music reading" solves the problem! Strangely, once "full" mode is activated and after having a TruePlay, the two surround speakers are at equal volume. Also, I also noticed that turning "full" to "ambience" during playback again makes the surround right speaker sound louder. And once back to "full", everything is back to normal and the 2 surround speakers sound at the same level again.

The same goes for activating and deactivating TruePlay. Once TruePlay is turned off and back on again, the speaker on the right is louder again. But once gone from "Complete" to "Ambiance" then from "Ambiance" to "Complete" the 2 surround speakers are again at the same level .. Very strange !!

PS: I want to point out that the sound bar and surround speakers are mainly used for television. And this is all really about the use of television.