Question

Trueplay and Arc

• 14 June 2020
  • 6 replies

Hello all,

I’ve just upgraded my Playbar to Arc and after my first test, Arc stand-alone without any true play I was well impressed. 

The Arc has now been installed in the living room with the same 2 play ones and a gen2 Sub that was used with Playbar but after Trueplay has been run and I’m finding the following..

1. It seems to suck all the bass out of the sound and therefore have to turn the bass up in the EQ and Sub to much higher levels than previous. 
  2. I have to turn down the volume of the rears to about -6

My previous experience of Trueplay with Playbar was positive and I’ve have considered it more essential for home theatre set ups than a Play 5 for example. 

This seems more prevalent when listening to music and can’t seem to get settled on a setting that feels right  

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

IMO, True play booted the high too much to make the wide soundstage.  Ppl will be impressed at the beginning but not for long term use.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I found this earlier, seems to confirm above.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/comments/h985hw/sonos_arc_the_perfect_settings/

BTW - I’m not sure exactly where the iPhone needs to be waved in the second part of Trueplay for hometheater/Arc setup. In the demo video, it is waved above and below the persons ear, but I would assume the iPhone only needs to hear the sound where your ears would be most of the time in the room?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You know what? I thought it was just me!

I retuned Arc as I thought there might have been An issue, car going past or something that I did not realise.

When I have used TruePlay in the same room with PlayBar, then Beam I always preferred the TruePlay tuning.

But Arc seems to be more nasally with mids, a retune did not make much difference.

The bass seems less than before. 

wonder if this is by choice?

The same here too...with Beam (Sub+play 1 as rears) I had to turn the bass down to -4. With ARC it needs to be at +7 to match the old setup with Beam :o

Perhaps check out https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/sonos-arc-metallic-sound-6843110 Is this what you are experiencing?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi, 

I’m experiencing exactly the same issue. Also coming from a Playbar, Sub (Gen2) and 2 play 1’s. 

The arc just sound terrible. Bass almost completely gone en de high’s are way to harsh. 

Really disappointing. Seems to be caused by wrong Trueplay. Did it multiple times, but no luck.