Question

Thinking of adding One SL to ARC -- can you put main TV audio through One SL?

• 25 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I own a Sonos Arc, connected to my TV through ARC. My kitchen sink is fairly far from the TV so as I’m doing the dishes, it can be harder to hear the television audio unless I crank up the volume, in which case other people in the room complain it’s too loud. I was thinking of getting the One SL speakers -- I know you can use them as rear surround speakers but I’m also wondering if I would be able to reassign one of them periodically to put right next to my kitchen sink so that I can hear the main TV audio coming through it (not just the surround feed). To clarify, I would want the main audio feed coming out of both the Arc by the TV and the One SL next to the kitchen sink. If this can’t be done with the One SL, could it be done with the Move?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Yes. Sonos call this Grouping. Any speakers/rooms can be grouped, to play a common source. With TV source there will be approx 70msec delay in sound to the kitchen speakers. You won’t notice it in there, but if anyone can hear both speakers it may sound like a bit of an echo.