Taking Sonos Beam to India

• 9 October 2018
  • 4 replies

I am planning to take Sonos Beam to India from US . Is there any issues in terms of connection , Alexa and audio quality.. common issue related to Sonos Beam in India

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I could absolutely swear I answered this question yesterday.

Other than the power plug, it should work. You could get a replacement power cord, or just use an adaptor. HDMI, Wifi, and Dolby Digital all work in the same fashion no matter where you are.

There's a few members of this community already from India, Kumar is the one who posts most frequently.
Aha, google search is able to tell me that it's just a case of the forum software not working properly. Wonder why this one came up today, and the other one came up yesterday in my "stream".
Thanks Bruce for reply . I wanted to make sure so that in case if there is issue I have to plan again to bring it back to US for Fix..
Ah, yes, I believe I've seen several folks mention that as a consideration, and even a reply from a board moderator indicating that they don't have an official presence currently in India, which would mean that repairs/replacements would need to occur in the country where you purchased them. That being said, I have about 18 or so, and so far no failures over the last 10 years (or more....who's counting!). I'n not saying it isn't possible, they're electronics, and consequently can break, but I'd suggest the chances of such happening are low. I've spent a fair amount of time in Bengaluru, albeit in a western style hotel. The one thing I'd be considering is a whole home line conditioner, to make sure that any electronics I had were getting a clean and fairly steady signal. But that might not be an issue where you're going to be, so it may not be a valid concern.

It's a lovely country, enjoy yourself!