Question

Switching between sonos and TV

• 15 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Years ago I bought the playbar and tried it out. I ended up returning it because it was difficult to change between TV sound and SONOS. At the time you had to use the app. So if you came home and turned on the tv (but had been listening to music the night before), you had to pull out your phone to change the input to hear the sound.

Has this issue been resolved? Will the home theatre products automatically switch to tv input when the TV is powered on?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

As far as I'm aware, the option to have "autoplay" on the input from the TV has always existed. So when you turned on the TV, it would automatically change to the TV input. The concerns I've seen much more of is when you turn off the TV, people want the input to go back to what was playing before.
Userlevel 7
Hi sonosjeh

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "years" ago, but as Airgetlam stated you have the ability to set "TV Autoplay" in the Sonos app. Go to: Settings > Room Settings > Select the room with the Playbar > Scroll down to TV & Remote > turn on TV Autoplay by moving the button to the right > Done

Cheers!