Answered

Surround with Two Sonos Amp: Can third party sub be used?

• 5 March 2022
  • 2 replies

I am wanting to setup my surround sound with two Amps, one for front and one for rear. I also have a third party sub that I was hoping to use with the Amps. My questions are:

1. Is this possible? Right now I have it setup, but the sub is not working.
  2. If so, does the sub have to be connected to the Amp driving the front channel speakers? Right now, my sub is wired where the rear amp is, not where the front is located.
icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 5 March 2022, 00:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, this is possible. One Amp will power the two front speakers and one Amp will power the two surround speakers. The subwoofer needs to be connected to the first Amp powering the front speakers. When the Amp is being used as surrounds, it disables the subwoofer output.

Yes, this is possible. One Amp will power the two front speakers and one Amp will power the two surround speakers. The subwoofer needs to be connected to the first Amp. When the Amp is being used as surrounds, it disables the subwoofer output.

Thanks for the response. While it’s not the best news that the sub has to be connected to the front Amp, it certainly is good to hear it’s capable. Now to rewire my speakers………..