Question

Surround stopped working. (partially)

• 6 January 2018
  • 2 replies

Sony XBR55X850C. Sonos SoundBar, Sub, and two one's in back corners. This configuration works for streaming music (just did another true tune) , etc but stopped working with TV. The SoundBar and Sub still work with TV but not rear Sonos One's....this "had worked" in the past. Not sure if an update with either the Sony or Sonos has created the issue.
Apologize if a repeated issue....tried to find it in the previous posts.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I think the first thing to do is look in the app, under settings > About my Sonos system to make sure you know what the PLAYBAR thinks it is receiving. It will show up on the line under the PLAYBAR that says "Audio In"

I'd be willing to bet that somehow something got changed to stereo, rather than Dolby Digital. If indeed that's the case, I'd check the audio settings on the TV set to make sure that they're set properly, and then check them on all devices that feed the TV as well.

You've proven (mostly) that the issue isn't with the Sonos itself, since they work while playing music, so the PLAYBAR is indeed sending data to them across the 5Ghz channel. So it's either the signal from the TV not being Dolby Digital, or there's something broken inside the PLAYBAR that makes it not able to interpret the Dolby Digital signal. Now, that's not completely impossible, but I've never seen it happen before in the years I've been reading this forum, so my money is on the signal being sent to the PLAYBAR not being Dolby Digital.

However, if it does say that it is Dolby Digital, then you probably should submit a system diagnostic, and get in touch with Sonos directly.
Thanks Air. Yes it is an issue between the TV/cable and Sonos. Streamed a movie last night on apple and all worked fine. TV won't allow me to go to "dolby" so I may have always has this issue with TV/Cable and just noticed it when I had another issue with the sound-bar.