Here’s the setup - I have a very extensive Sonos system...multiple products, multiple upgrades, etc. etc.
In my living room I have a 5.1 setup with in-wall speakers for TV/movies, all driven by an Anthem receiver, which is fed by multiple HDMI inputs (AppleTV, Roku, etc.).
- In my rec room I have a TV with a Sonos Arc and Subwoofer
- In another room I have a TV connected to a Sonos Beam
In both of the above rooms I can play the sound from the TV to multiple other rooms. It’s really good for sports and news. But I can’t do that from the living room because the Anthem receiver is in the path.
I’d like to be able to do two things:
- Feed the TV audio from my living room to the Sonos network
- I tried using the audio outputs from the receiver into a Sonos Port, but the receiver only does that for analog ports.
- I tried using the second HDMI from the receiver out as an input into a Sonos Amp, but that HDMI output doesn’t appear to carry the audio signal.
- Automatically (i.e., without having to turn on the receiver with a remote) play audio from my Sonos system to the Living room
I don;t want to add a soundbar to the Living room because:
- My spouse wouldn’t accept it...it’s another piece of tech bolted to the wall
- I have a perfectly good 5.1 setup already
There’s gotta be something I’m missing. I have a Sonos Port and a Sonos Amp knocking around that I can connect to this project. I’m also willing to upgrade/switch out the receiver to make this work.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.