Answered

Surround sound and Line in via Sonos Amp

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

@sammutd88 . I wish I had the knowledge and understanding of the Sonos system and software that you must have to make such comments with total confidence. Thank you for providing these insights.

Hi John,

I tell it how it is. Much of the Sonos “brains” is in software. All the products have a similar hardware interface for connectivity.  By limiting the product, it drives sales of other speakers and multiple Amps. 
You either work for Sonos, or are a massive fan, which is fine, Sonos make many good products, but people also deserve to know the facts when they’ve dropped $1000 on an Amp that does very little with all it’s inputs and outputs. Rather than an attitude of “if Sonos could I’m sure they would….”. I apologise if I offended you, but maybe it’s what Sonos need to see that people are unhappy with a product that COULD offer so much flexibility. For $1000,  requesting the Amp be able to be 2 virtual “rooms” in different configurations is not a big ask when the speakers and hardware can be connected as such. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for this thread you have all just saved me spending thousands on a Sonos setup. I too want to use my turntable in the same room with the same speakers that are being used as the surround speakers. Why would I want to buy more speakers for the same room to use my turntable because line in is disabled when speakers are set to surround? I can with my current amp this just sounds like a scam. Sorry Sonos you lost a brand new customer. I’ll be sure to pass this info onto anyone considering Sonos. All the best.