Answered

Surround sound

• 13 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Okay, so I hade a quite confusing question. I’m interested in getting a surroundsound system. I was thinking about getting a playbar. I have a pair of active speakers i would like to use as surround, is that possible with a connect? And if so, is it also possible to connect a sub to these speakers? Cause they have a sub output and I cant afford the Sonos Sub.

Would appreciate some help!

//Filip

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 13 August 2021, 19:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

A pair of active speakers connected to a Connect will not work as surrounds in a Sonos home theater setup. You either use a pair of Sonos speakers like the One SL or Five as surrounds or a pair of passive speakers powered by a Sonos Amp or Connect:Amp.

However, when used to drive a surround sound set up, the CONNECT:AMP and the Sonos Amp both have their subwoofer output turned off. 

In order to use a third party Sub, you must use the Sonos Amp to drive a pair of front speakers.

Thanks for the fast replies, now I know