Answered

Surround setup

• 24 August 2022
  • 3 replies

I have a client that wants to integrate a sub woofer into their living room joinery, the Sonos sub will not fit. We are setting up an Arc for the front and an Amp to run the rear in ceiling speakers. Can I use the sub woofer output on the Amp to drive a non Sonos sub woofer that will fit into the joinery or can I use a seperate Amp to drive the non Sonos sub woofer?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 August 2022, 08:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The first answer is no. When the Sonos Amp is used to power surrounds, the subwoofer out is turned off. 

The second answer is no as well. The only method that can be used for a subwoofer pairing with an Arc is the Sonos Sub. If you were to use a Sonos Amp to drive a pair of front speakers, you could then use that subwoofer output, as it isn’t turned off in a ‘front’ set up. But then you do lose the ‘center’ speaker, although the Sonos is supposed to create an excellent interpolated center channel when used in that configuration. 

I have a ray and two one sl I wish to connect them to my tv. The ray is connected and the tv plays through it but I can’t add the two sl speakers. The two sl speakers are set up as a stereo pair. All speakers are Ethernet connected to router. Any help please

Hi @Heathfield1955 . Perhaps you would like to start a new thread with your question, rather than crash someone else's completely different question?