Answered

Supplied Ethernet cable

• 8 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Does anybody know what cat is the supplied flat Ethernet cable with my sonos system
Just curious as I seem to be picking up some interference and if its this cable then I will purchase a Cat 6a
Thanks
icon

Best answer by Sjoop1985 8 March 2019, 11:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Have a look here and here.
The flat cables do not seem to meet either Cat 5 or 6 spec due to their construction. Empirically, I have been able to reach transfer speeds that would put them in 5e territory.
That said, ethernet ports on any Sonos device are exclusively 10/100, so if you're using these cables for nothing but connecting Sonos devices, no need to shell out for high end cabling.
Interference on a cable should be negligible compared to the wireless interference that Sonos has to deal wit, personally, I've never experienced any issues with a wired Sonos speaker.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Many thanks much appreciated I actually have some spare Cat 5E's so its no expense to use them and see if the interference stops