Answered

Sub Mini anemic after 14.18

• 21 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi, i have a sub mini and two one-sl’s that i use with trueplay only for music. I was happy as a cucumber with the sub mini’s rumble until last night’s 14.18 update...after the update finished i could barely hear it, as if it was anemic...i made a new trueplay, i did 3 power cycles, still nothing, i did another trueplay...same. Before if i turned up the music to 50-60% the sub would rumble beautifully and my grin was up to my ears...now it only somewhat rumbles if i turn off trueplay, but when i turn trueplay back on it sound as if i dont have a woofer in my system 😭, even if i turn the sub on and off in the app i only hear a very small difference with the sub on 😪 

I could easily say that it sound’s better without the woffer and only with the two one sl’s with the bass turned up. I have to mention that i had every EQ in the middle and the sub at 0 and it sounded PERFECT...now it sounds SAD.

I will try a factory reset tonight when i get home, and i reaaly hope that it comes to its senses and begins to rumble again...if not i will send it back until this is resolved because this way it will only annoy me.

Did somebody has a same problem or a fix if it has this kind of problem.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 21 October 2022, 22:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I talked with a sonos representative, i’ve sent the diagnostics and eveything is AOK. But my sub is still nonexistent with the sub slider at 0 and with trueplay...before the update with the sub at 0 it rumbled...now it sounds anemic. To actually hear it a bit like it was before i have to slide the slider at +10 😓

There are some people who have suggested that a power cycle of all Sonos products helped ‘fix’ their Sub issues. 

Hello, i have sub, and the same happen after the 14.18 update, it is no more powerfull. I tried to unplug, factory

reset… nothing change

Hello, i have sub, and the same happen after the 14.18 update, it is no more powerfull. I tried to unplug, factory

reset… nothing change

@Bebezeze,

It’s difficult to know what you’re hearing as that can vary from one person to the next, but if you play a music source via the Sonos App at 50% volume (Sonos Radio Reggae Roots, for example) …or if it’s bonded to a HT, a Dolby Digital 5.1 TV source …and set the Sub-Mini level to say +10, do you see the Sub speakers moving to the Bass audio, or TV action scenes etc?

If not and there is no movement of the speakers at all, then there might be a fault, perhaps🤔? In which case the best thing to do is, within 20 minutes of playing the audio, submit a Sonos diagnostic report from the ‘Settings/Support’ area of the Sonos App. Make a note of the reference generated, and when practicable, contact/chat to Sonos Support Staff about the matter via this LINK and see what they can suggest to resolve the matter.

If the Sub-Mini speakers are moving and you can hear the Bass audio at that suggested higher level, then you might want to use the Sonos App ‘room’ tools to simply customise the Subs default audio output to suit your environment and own hearing.

So you could adjust the room EQ settings, Sub level and try the setup with Trueplay enabled/disabled and any combination of those things - there’s also an option to flip the phase of the Sub, when Trueplay is disabled.

Note moving the Sub to other locations in a room (such as on the floor in the corner of the room) may also provide a better Bass response, so consider trying the Sub elsewhere in the room aswell.

Hope that the above assists.