Answered

Sub Gen 3 Settings

• 7 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I recently added a Sub Gen 3 to my home theater setup. I now have an ARC / 2 Fives as surrounds/ and the Sub Gen 3 as my home theater setup. I need help with the settings, all suggestions are welcome. I will NOT be using Trueplay. 

1.) Under Sound / EQ - does +4 or -4 equal more bass?

2.) Under Sound / Sub Audio - It appears that this setting is for loudness only, is that correct? 

3.) What is the difference between the two settings as mentioned above?

4.) Just for fun - If someone ask you to turn up the air conditioner, are they asking you to make it cooler or warmer?

Thanks in advance for your help.

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 8 June 2023, 00:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I recently added a Sub Gen 3 to my home theater setup. I now have an ARC / 2 Fives as surrounds/ and the Sub Gen 3 as my home theater setup. I need help with the settings, all suggestions are welcome. I will NOT be using Trueplay. 

1.) Under Sound / EQ - does +4 or -4 equal more bass?

2.) Under Sound / Sub Audio - It appears that this setting is for loudness only, is that correct? 

3.) What is the difference between the two settings as mentioned above?

4.) Just for fun - If someone ask you to turn up the air conditioner, are they asking you to make it cooler or warmer?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1/   I’m surprised your ears can’t tell you, but + equals more. 
2/   No. 
3/   Eq is for the bass/treble ratio whilst Sub emphasises the output from your Sub alone. Again, let your ears decide a good setting. 
4/   “More” a/c is cooler. If you turn up the a/c you’re asking it to work harder. 

Userlevel 7

Hi 

I’ll just comment on #4...just for fun 😁

It really depends upon what part of the country/world you are from or live in; as a colloquial use of a respective language. It can be reverse speak meaning;

1. Turn UP in practice could mean Lower the temperature to make things cooler (75 (F) degrees to 72  (F) degrees.
  2. Turn DOWN in practice could mean Raise the temperature to make things warmer (72 (F) degrees to 75  (F) degrees

The proper terms (IMO) to avoid confusion would be:

• LOWER the temperature to make things cooler
  • RAISE the temperature to make things warmer 

I refuse to get involved in religious arguments, per the terms and conditions…

;)

Userlevel 7

I refuse to get involved in religious arguments, per the terms and conditions…

;)

Hmmm…rumor has it…you weren’t concerned about T&C’s during the Crusades (aka “Holy Wars”). 😂😂😂

Oh, sure, bring up my sordid history…. ;)