Answered

Sub Gen 3 Power Cord??

Badge

Hi,

Can someone please attach a picture of their Sub gen 3 power cord?

My preorder arrived with a L shaped connection (Play:1) and Sonos has sent me the wrong power cord again (Playbar).

My ARC power cord fits perfectly and imagine that the SUB Gen 3 Power cord should be something similar,

Thanks

icon

Best answer by ratty 18 June 2020, 18:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

The Sub G3 power cord has the same connector as the Arc cord, but a thinner/flatter cable that’s rather more flexible.

There seems to have been something of a mess in the packing of the first run of Sub G3s, as a number of people have been discovering the wrong cord when they open the box. Presumably it will take a while for those units to flush through the channel.

Badge

Badge

Badge

So these are the cables I’ve had thus far. 

I just want to check what cable I should have as at this price point I don’t want ‘any cable that fits’ but rather the one that should have come with it in the first place. 

Just opened mine and I have L shaped power cord

Is there a workaround or did Sonos send you a replacement?

Thanks

Badge

Just opened mine and I have L shaped power cord

Is there a workaround or did Sonos send you a replacement?

Thanks

So apparently there is a whole batch of the Sub Gen 3 that have shipped with the wrong power cord. 

you have to call sales support to get a replacement shipped. 

hopefully you get sorted okay; I’m still no better off as the replacement they sent didn’t fit either! Waiting on the next replacement but third times a charm I suppose. 

Thanks, will call them Monday, hope you get yours sorted too

Having the same problem with my new sub power cord, original was for a Play 1, the replacement sent is for the earlier generation sub woofer. Waiting for my third power lead.

Badge

So took me three goes to get the correct cord but got there in the end. One error bad enough on the original packing (though hard to believe how this has seemingly happened on such a massive scale!) but to send the incorrect replacement out is just poor form considering the cost of the purchase!

But that being said, the sub is great

Thanks for your reply

i used an Apple TV power lead and works fine, Sonos have despatched the correct lead (hopefully!) but am up and running now

Badge

Thanks for your reply

i used an Apple TV power lead and works fine, Sonos have despatched the correct lead (hopefully!) but am up and running now

I’d be careful with that as Sonos does state that using the incorrect power lead with any of their products will invalidate the warranty. 

yet another reason why I don’t get how they keep sending power cords not designed for the sub me try and say how it’s fine??