Sub Gen 3

• 24 January 2021
  • 8 replies

Hello, just got sub hen 3, I started playing music and noticed buzzing around climatic parts or heavy bass. Is this normal for this model, or do I need to change my sound settings to make sure it doesn’t rattle or buzz during movies or music?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

What is the Sub level and bass on the EQ set to?

EQ bass 0, sub level +2.

Userlevel 7

The Sub might cause other objects in the room to buzz or rattle but the Sub itself shouldn’t be rattling unless you have the volume cranked up to extreme levels. What Sonos speaker is your Sub connected to? Have you done Trueplay tuning? Have you tried moving the Sub to a different location in the room?

Have not moved it. It’s up against a piece of furniture. It’s true tuned to a playbar! You think it’s the furniture?

Userlevel 7

Move it away from the piece of furniture. The Sub shouldn’t be touching anything but the floor.

It’s at 100% allotment. The sound maybe goes half potential then starts to rattle with intense bass or orchestral climax. I’ll try moving it away. Any suggestions with EQ or bass settings?

Userlevel 7

What does “100% allotment” mean?

Start with the sub level at 0 and the bass on the EQ at 0. Then adjust to suit your preference.

The app Let’s me choose the potential for the sound system as a whole. From 0-100% I go full for fuller sound effects for movies. I’ll try your recs!