Question

Sub Cost

• 19 February 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge
So I own an Connect:AMP and a PlayBar. I really love the Sonos line of products. Now, I know it's a premium line of products so discounting products would be suicide unless comparable competition price points drop considerably, is there any talk about the Sonos Bass dropping in price just a hair? $699 ??? Whew! yes, I know the Bose AcousticMass 300 is also $699, so spare me the comparative cost. Despite this, frankly, I'm flabbergasted at the price. In particular when you don't even have an option to utilize a third party wireless sub. I'm not trying to be a nagger, but daaaang, are you getting a lot of sales on these subs to the masses? I could make two car payments at this cost. 🙂

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, putzke. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. We hear your feedback. While I do not have any information on a price drop for the SUB, I am happy to pass your sentiment along to the team for consideration. Thanks again and keep it coming.
A cheaper solution for music and TV would have been a stereo amp and a decent speaker pair that does bass well. Buy used, and this can be had for less than USD 500; even new units can be had for not much more than that. As you have discovered, Sonos is sold at premium price points, and while pricing is rational across the products in terms of value delivered, it does mean that all products are at those price points.