Stereo Speakers

• 9 April 2018
  • 6 replies

Current set up Playbar Play1's and Sub.
Can I add an additional pair of Play 1's to the above system in the same room to act as a stereo pair

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
but in direct answer to question - you can put other Sonos speakers anywhere you want.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Thank you
If I add an additional pair, do I set up as a different room even though they are in the same then switch between cinema and stereo

You will have to add the additional Play 1's as a separate room to your Sonos set up (presumably as a stereo pair) and then group them with your TV set up. I do this currently in my lounge - I have the playbar, sub and two play 1's as surrounds. I also have a pair of play 5's plus my ConnectAmp set up which combines turntable, cassette player and cd player with a pair of Q Acoustics Concept 20's. When listening to music I often just use the ConnectAmp and Stereo Play 5's together, leaving the TV speakers to themselves although I often go full out and group all three rooms together.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The Full mode I mention is for the setup you currently have. If under settings...room settings...playbar...advanced audio. Set surround mode to Full.

When set to full when you play music your current surround Play:1s act as full stereo pair. When watching TV it will automatically switch back to them being surround sound only.

Now - if you for some reason (I can't imagine why though) you wanted even more speakers in your room. If you added another pair of Play:1s they would be a different zone (like Living Room 2 zone). You could group them as needed stereo playing with the playbar group but they would always be just stereo (no relation to the 5.1 of the playbar pairing).
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Do you have your current play:1s set to Full mode where they act as a full stereo pair when listening to music (as in ambient mode they still put out very little music).
Thank you
If I add an additional pair, do I set up as a different room even though they are in the same then switch between cinema and stereo
Thank you

You will have to add the additional Play 1's as a separate room to your Sonos set up (presumably as a stereo pair) and then group them with your TV set up. I do this currently in my lounge - I have the playbar, sub and two play 1's as surrounds. I also have a pair of play 5's plus my ConnectAmp set up which combines turntable, cassette player and cd player with a pair of Q Acoustics Concept 20's. When listening to music I often just use the ConnectAmp and Stereo Play 5's together, leaving the TV speakers to themselves although I often go full out and group all three rooms together.