Stereo Speakers

• 9 April 2018
  • 6 replies

Current set up Playbar Play1's and Sub.
Can I add an additional pair of Play 1's to the above system in the same room to act as a stereo pair

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Do you have your current play:1s set to Full mode where they act as a full stereo pair when listening to music (as in ambient mode they still put out very little music).
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
but in direct answer to question - you can put other Sonos speakers anywhere you want.
Thank you
If I add an additional pair, do I set up as a different room even though they are in the same then switch between cinema and stereo
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Thank you
If I add an additional pair, do I set up as a different room even though they are in the same then switch between cinema and stereo

You will have to add the additional Play 1's as a separate room to your Sonos set up (presumably as a stereo pair) and then group them with your TV set up. I do this currently in my lounge - I have the playbar, sub and two play 1's as surrounds. I also have a pair of play 5's plus my ConnectAmp set up which combines turntable, cassette player and cd player with a pair of Q Acoustics Concept 20's. When listening to music I often just use the ConnectAmp and Stereo Play 5's together, leaving the TV speakers to themselves although I often go full out and group all three rooms together.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The Full mode I mention is for the setup you currently have. If under settings...room settings...playbar...advanced audio. Set surround mode to Full.

When set to full when you play music your current surround Play:1s act as full stereo pair. When watching TV it will automatically switch back to them being surround sound only.

Now - if you for some reason (I can't imagine why though) you wanted even more speakers in your room. If you added another pair of Play:1s they would be a different zone (like Living Room 2 zone). You could group them as needed stereo playing with the playbar group but they would always be just stereo (no relation to the 5.1 of the playbar pairing).
Thank you

You will have to add the additional Play 1's as a separate room to your Sonos set up (presumably as a stereo pair) and then group them with your TV set up. I do this currently in my lounge - I have the playbar, sub and two play 1's as surrounds. I also have a pair of play 5's plus my ConnectAmp set up which combines turntable, cassette player and cd player with a pair of Q Acoustics Concept 20's. When listening to music I often just use the ConnectAmp and Stereo Play 5's together, leaving the TV speakers to themselves although I often go full out and group all three rooms together.