Question

Sound reverts to Sonos Beam whenever i connect to Bluetooth.

• 22 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Beam constantly kicks my Bluetooth connection off when connecting to Bluetooth headphones on Samsung tv. Welcome community advice

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Rssahota7, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Regarding your concern about the Sonos Beam. just t clarify your concern, The sound reverts back to the Sonos Beam after you connect your Bluetooth headphones to the TV? if this is the case, it may be because of the sound output detects the default connection is the Sonos Beam connected to the HDMI Arc port of the TV and not detecting the Bluetooth headphones. This is what I’m thinking if you have the Beam connected through the HDMI Arc cable, not through the single adapter to the optical cable.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi, have same issue with the Arc.  When bluetooth headphones selected or indeed internal speaker the sound output defaults back to the Arc. Disconnecting the HDMI cable appears to be the only workaround as there appears to be no option to sleep/wake the Arc via the app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It’s not a fault, it’s a (HDMI-CEC) feature. You could try to turn HDMI-CEC (Anynet in Samsung speak) off when listening through the headphones.