- DirecTV mini Genie
- AppleTV
- Sonos:
2, 5.1's
Playbar
Sub

- The TV is 2 months old
- 7.4 Sonos
- In DirecTV Audio Settings I have Dolby Digital set to On.
- In the TV I have HDMI Input Audio set to Bitstream, Digital Output Audio set to Dolby Digital

- Optical cable plugged into the Soundbar and the TV.
- HDMI from DirecTV to the TV
- HDMI from Apple TV to the TV

When I brought the TV home, didn't notice any problems.

A couple weeks ago I started noticing sound problems, all on DirecTV. When we'd switch channels, sound wouldn't work. When we'd change channels, sound wouldn't come on for a minute or two. One time it happened I unplugged the optical cable from the soundbar, plugged it back in and sound worked.

Tonight I recorded John Oliver on HBO, the recording didn't have sound. But I when switched to the TV speakers, sound played. So the recording definitely recorded right. When I switched to AppleTV the sound was fine. When I switched back to DirecTV and dinked around, switched Audio settings back and forth, sound finally played for the recorded program.

The sound problems all seem to be on DirecTV. I've not noticed any sound problems on Apple TV.

Calling Samsung is a waste of time. If that's what this comes down to I'll just take the TV back to Costco, try another one. Of course that's all a big waste of time too.

I could call DirecTV, but all they'll do is reset our cable which causes more problems. My guess is that the problem isn't with the box, because if I switch to the TV speakers sound always works.

Seems like the problem has something to do with the optical connection between the soundbar and the TV - maybe Sonos doesn't work right with my TV?

Could be a problem with the 7.4 update, seems like the problems started after that.

Has anyone else here used this TV? If so, have you had any problems? Before I bought the TV, I checked a list I found from searching the Sonos site -- the TV looked like it'd work fine. I even called Sonos, they said they thought it'd work.

Thanks in advance for your help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I suspect your best bet would be to post a diagnostic in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/no-sound-on-certain-channels-after-system-update-today-6789926

and you'd get the beta that appears to be fixing most of these issues.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Thanks.
I got an update pushed out this morning (see the thread in Troubleshooting) and the problem seems fixed.