Answered

Sound bar tv remote volume control

• 12 November 2020
  • 3 replies

After 4 years using my soundbar on my tv, today my tv remote wouldn't work to control volume. I can alter it using the Sonos app. Eventually I discovered that if I held the tv remote between 1 and 15 inches from the right lower side of the Soundbar, as you face it, the volume could be adjusted. I have tried changing the remote batteries and used another remote. Any help greatly appreciated - thx

icon

Best answer by Mark P 16 November 2020, 18:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Seems the ir is faulty!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Nabil.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried all troubleshooting steps let me help you further.

Just want to know if you're able to try to retrain the remote and you can also contact the tv manufacturer for your remote maybe they can do other troubleshooting steps.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I use my Direct TV remote to adjust the sound on my sound bar and have for years. Suddenly I can turn the volume down but not up. I have changed the batteries in the remote but no change.