Answered

sound bar stopped working

• Contributor I
  • 8 replies

Hello,

I recently purchased and installed the sound bar. It worked fine for a few days but has suddenly stopped working. Any help would be most welcome. 

Also, I can’t seem to set up volume control from my LG tv remote.

Thank you,

M :)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 28 March 2020, 18:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

so you have a Sonos Playbar or Sonos Beam?   Is it plugged up via HDMI to your HDMI arc on back of TV or is it plugged in by optical cable?

When you go into the Sonos App - does it still come up as a device and able to adjust volume from within the Sonos app.

Hello :)

It’s a sound bar plugged in via optical cable.

Yes it does come up on the App and has volume line. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

So the playbar does come up in app and has volume.   

When you click on rooms at bottom of app - what source does it say it is currently playing.   It should say TV as source and increasing volume should make it so you hear the TV.

Verify you hear the TV and we can move on to any other questions.

Hello Chris,

When I click on rooms at the bottom of the App it says it’s playing from Living Room. It doesn’t list TV as source anywhere. Am I doing something wrong?

thank you,

Oh I did manage to find TV… doesn’t seem to help though... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Your not getting sound - you have turned up TV via remote (in case your TV optical out is variable not fixed) and you have volume up on Sonos unit in app and it says TV is the current source?

Oooo it suddenly stared working…

Though I’m still not able to control volume via TV remote 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

On sonos app go to setting (bottom Right corner)

then choose system

Under products pick your living room

scroll down to remote control setup and follow wizard

I’ve tried the wizard several times. The bar doesn’t seem to pick up the LG remote. I hold the volume button down, or press several times. Neither work… any suggestions? 

thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Your LG remote may be a Bluetooth remote.    Not knowing your model did it come with 2 remotes.   Otherwise - you can program it to another remote (like your cable box remote) or another you have laying around that is actually IR.   I have the feeling the one that came with your TV doesn’t have IR.

If you have a cable box remote - just set it to control volume of any arbitrary TV then use it to program to the Playbar.

I’m afraid the TV only came with one remote… is it not possible to program it for the sound bar? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

No you will not be able to program that remote to control the soundbar as that remote sounds like does not have IR.

You will need to use any other remote you may have - like I mentioned maybe a cable box remote or a remote to an old TV your not using anymore.   One of those could be programmed

another alternative would be one of these https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/accessories/remote-controls

@DocM . Are you using a LG MAgic Remote?

Those remotes do not support IR signals until a specific process is completed.

Click on the hyperlink I created and that should have you up and running.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or if the provided steps do not work.

Have ordered it :) Thank you!

Oh em geeee!! The hyperlink instructions worked!!! :) Thank youuuu!!! :) :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

great news