Answered

Sony xbr-800g not recognizing Sonos Arc

• 11 July 2020
  • 4 replies

I’m getting a hard time trying to keep Sonos Arc connected to Sony Tv. Most of the time the Sonos Arc is displayed on the connected devices list as “Audio System”. 
After restarting TV, turning off Bravia Sync (removing registered devices) several times or factory testing Sonos Arc I got to see on the Bravia Sync device list “Sonos Arc”. Then the setup completes and I can use the Sonos Arc.

If I turn off the tv and try to watch tv later, the Sonos ARC doesn’t work again. I need to disconnect AppleTV 4K, ps4 and cable STB in order to make it work again.

any ideas?

thanks for your help

icon

Best answer by Krishma M 20 July 2020, 00:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @ssalmeron, thanks for reaching out. Maybe it’s losing the connection between the TV and the Sonos Arc. Can try to leave the Sonos Arc connected to your TV without any other devices, if it will stay connected without other devices? Could be because those other devices that you have are being prioritized by the TV as well. You may need to check it with Sony or you can also try a different HDMI cable and properly set to Sonos Arc as your external speaker. Let us know if this helps. Thanks! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Try to turn on simple IP control: 

settings → network and internet → home network → IP control → simple IP control → set to on.  
(Explanation: Sony TVs have a little known bug with their wifi connection during deep sleep that may cause a bad signal to be sent to Arc. The fix is either to turn off TV wifi altogether (my personal preference, but may not suit everyone), on turn on simple IP control. The latter prevents deep sleep, so may cause the TV to consume slightly more energy during sleep. I prefer to turn wifi off as I don’t use any of the TV’s smart capabilities, and instead use the Apple TV 4k)

Now, if the above does not work, I suggest factory resetting the TV (make a note of all your picture calibration settings before you do this, so that setup will be quicker later). This will fix any issues. 

Hi @ssalmeron, thanks for reaching out. Maybe it’s losing the connection between the TV and the Sonos Arc. Can try to leave the Sonos Arc connected to your TV without any other devices, if it will stay connected without other devices? Could be because those other devices that you have are being prioritized by the TV as well. You may need to check it with Sony or you can also try a different HDMI cable and properly set to Sonos Arc as your external speaker. Let us know if this helps. Thanks! 

Thanks Krishma:

It seems the AppleTV is causing the “issue”. I disconnected the Apple TV and everything is working fine. 

If I connect the AppleTV it works with Sonos ARC but when I turn off TV, during night and turn on at next day that's when everything is not working correctly.

I month ago I got another Sony TV XBR-55950H that comes with eARC, I received the TV a couple of days ago.

Installation was very easy and everything is working fine even the AppleTV 4K that now is sending ATMOS to the Sonos ARC.

I installed the Apple TV OS Beta 14.

Not sure was I did to fix the problem if was the Apple TV update of OS or the eARC is more convenient.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Sergio

Try to turn on simple IP control: 

settings → network and internet → home network → IP control → simple IP control → set to on.  
(Explanation: Sony TVs have a little known bug with their wifi connection during deep sleep that may cause a bad signal to be sent to Arc. The fix is either to turn off TV wifi altogether (my personal preference, but may not suit everyone), on turn on simple IP control. The latter prevents deep sleep, so may cause the TV to consume slightly more energy during sleep. I prefer to turn wifi off as I don’t use any of the TV’s smart capabilities, and instead use the Apple TV 4k)

Now, if the above does not work, I suggest factory resetting the TV (make a note of all your picture calibration settings before you do this, so that setup will be quicker later). This will fix any issues. 

I factory reset my TV a few times to try to troubleshoot the problem with no luck.

Finally I installed the Beta of AppleTV OS 14 and also tried in another TV with eARC and everything is working great now.

Thank you very much for your support.

Sergio