Sony X9500H & ARC - Best 4K player?

• 2 December 2020
  • 2 replies

I have a Sony X9500H and a Sonos Arc. I want to buy a 4K disk player - what’s my best option for Dolby Atmos compatibility and in general?

The TV has an eArc input. Any suggestions would be super helpful as I don’t want to buy a dud and not get to enjoy the best sound I can.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Matty_J.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me check it for you.

Sonos usually refrains from recommending 3rd party products. However, you can check our support article that outlines the main factors that determine if your Sonos Arc can play Dolby Atmos audio. 

This indeed can be best answered by those who are also using exactly the same devices, and hopefully, someone who does will stop by and be able to help you.

Furthermore, some of the community members might provide their own opinion about this anytime soon.

If you have any questions or concerns,  feel free to reach out.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Nice telly. Personally I'd go with a Sony. I suspect a telly and player of the same brand will always talk to each other better.