Question

Sony open earc Sonos arc don't support Dolby

• 18 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Device information:

Sonos arc+sub+play5*2

Sony 9500G + APPLE TV 4K

Problems encountered:

1.Sony works with Apple TV,Sony open earc,Sonos sounds smaller,DD + 5.1 shows multichannel pcm5.1 (Diagnostic information coding:1291472426)

2.Sony works with Apple TV,Sony off earc,SONOS sound returns to normal size,DD+5.1 shows Dolby digital + 5.1(Diagnostic information coding:938343179)

I have been troubled by problems for a long time. I hope I can get help. Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Hison.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as your effort in submitting the diagnostics, let me help and try to figure this out.

Upon checking the diagnostic reports, both results are showing that the players are not getting a cloud connection, which means they don’t have a connection to our Sonos cloud server. This condition will impact cloud-based features and we are not yet certain if it has something to do with audio quality.

To better understand, kindly verify if the Arc is directly connected to the TV’s HDMI-eARC port?

Quite possible that one of these devices is experiencing a problem in processing the audio signal. You may need to adjust the audio format within the TV’s Sound or Audio menu.  The format or output must be set to one of our supported home theater audio formats. Consult your TV’s manual or manufacturer for specific instructions. If the issue persists after making these changes, adjust the audio format on your video source (cable box, streaming player, etc.) to one of the supported formats above. 

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a new diagnostic report so I can check the system further and see if there’s anything else causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.