Sony Bravia (XH90 or X900H), Beam

• 16 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi guys. I have a Sonos Beam and I'm planning to purchase either the Sony XH90 (X900H in USA) 75'' or a LG CX 65''.

My worry is that the Sonos Beam used to give me sound lag with my PS4 and my old Panasonic Viera, which I solved with a switch that allowed me to connect the PS4 via optical and the TV via HDMI. However, this won't be a solution anymore, as I sold my PS4 and I'm hoping to receive my PS5 this week, which does not have an optical out.

I think I've read somewhere that with the LG CX this is not a problem as there's some "passthrough" option which solves this issue. Does anyone have a PS4/5, the Beam and the Sony TV who can comment of any sound lags issues and solutions?

Thanks a lot.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @mzapatero.

Thanks for reaching out, I’d be glad to assist and check it for you.

Using an intermediary device to get the audio from multiple sources prior to it getting to the TV like using a switch is one of Sonos’ unsupported home theater configurations.  While most TVs are compatible with Sonos home theater speakers, some may need additional configuration or may not work with Sonos. This article will describe some basic requirements when using Sonos speakers on your TV.

This indeed can be best answered by those who have the same setup and using the same devices as yours, and hopefully, someone who does will stop by and be able to help you. Furthermore, some of the community members might provide their own opinion about this anytime soon.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Badge

I have the Beam with an XH90. There’s absolutely no sync problem.

The TV has an A/V sync feature and gets it pretty accurately according to my tests (there are some youtube videos for this).

You can even delay the audio in the Sonos app and the TV catches up.