Answered

Sony Bravia 49XD8305 compatible with Arc?

• 13 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi All, 

I have Sony Sony Bravia 49XD8305. 

Wanted to buy Arc soundbar, so wondering will this be compatible with my TV. I mean is it suitable?

Thanks in Advance!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 13 February 2021, 18:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @varun p.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Allow me to share with you my recommendations to help out.

Based on a little research, the provided TV product and model Sony Bravia 49XD8305 does not have an HDMI eARC port. Allow me to share with you the guide about Supported home theater audio formats.

indicated on the guide provided, the information provided below is exclusive to the Sonos Arc home theater speaker.

Sonos Arc only

• Dolby Digital Plus (Dolby Atmos)
  • Dolby TrueHD (Dolby Atmos) *
  • Multichannel LPCM *

*Requires an eARC connection

I would like to recommend verifying first with the manufacturer’s customer service to confirm if the TV’s model does or does not ahve an HDMI eARC port for you to maximize the Sonos Arc’s specification, functionalities, and features.

I hope this helps.

I’d be more than happy to answer any other queries you might have.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7

@varun p Your TV will work with the Arc, but your TV is not equipped with HDMI eARC so it may or may not pass through Dolby Atmos audio from internal apps or from external media devices.

Your TV will not be able to pass through lossless audio codecs like Dolby TrueHD or multichannel PCM that you get from Blu-ray and UHD discs, but you should be able to get lossy Dolby Digital Plus audio from streaming apps.

If you want to bypass your TV’s audio limitations, you can always add the HD Fury Arcana: https://www.hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/

I have an older TV and the Arcana works great with my Sonos Arc setup.

Badge

@GuitarSuperstar Thanks for the insight. Very userful