Answered

sonos with monitor

• 13 March 2018
  • 9 replies

Badge
hello i don't have any expérience with sonos devices , it is possible to connect sonos with a vip monitor arm based processor
icon

Best answer by bockersjv 14 March 2018, 12:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Hello there, bweslati88. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! What exactly are you trying to accomplish with Sonos? Sonos is a home sound system that is controlled by an app that runs on computers and mobile devices. Please check out this FAQ for more information on system requirements.
Badge
thanks keith it's about interract a vip monitor comelit product with sonos product
What OS does this device run? If you look at the link that Keith provided, you could figure out if this device was compatible with a Sonos controller.

The Sonos system itself is wifi based, so if you have a local wifi system, then the speakers would work, you'd just need a controller device (PC/Mac/Tablet/Phone of most types).

It's important to note that Sonos is a whole home speaker system, and not a computer speaker system. While it's possible to connect Sonos to computers, the fact that there's a slight delay might be a challenge in that usage.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
if you mean having the comelit be a controller panel for Sonos - it would have to be some kind of plug in created by comelit. As Comelit panels only seem to do door security and not media I don't see how the Comelit panel could ever control sonos.
Now I need to go figure out what the hell a comelit is. I thought he was talking about some sort of computer, not a door security panel.
Badge
if you mean having the comelit be a controller panel for Sonos - it would have to be some kind of plug in created by comelit. As Comelit panels only seem to do door security and not media I don't see how the Comelit panel could ever control sonos. it's an alarm systeme designed by comelit and i like that it can interract with sonos
Badge
Now I need to go figure out what the hell a comelit is. I thought he was talking about some sort of computer, not a door security panel. comelit is italian company that design av systeme for differents arias
Badge
What OS does this device run? If you look at the link that Keith provided, you could figure out if this device was compatible with a Sonos controller.

The Sonos system itself is wifi based, so if you have a local wifi system, then the speakers would work, you'd just need a controller device (PC/Mac/Tablet/Phone of most types).

It's important to note that Sonos is a whole home speaker system, and not a computer speaker system. While it's possible to connect Sonos to computers, the fact that there's a slight delay might be a challenge in that usage.
i didnt undrestand the difference between computer speaker systeme and home speaker systeme
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
A CXomputer Speaker system will connect to the computer via the audio card on that PC (Line out or HDMI etc or maybe Bluetooth) and will play all the sound events the PC makes. SO it will also play email alert sounds etc and need the PC to be on.

The Sonos Home Speaker system has the music playing software installed on each Sonos unit. It does not require a computer but requires a wi-fi network and LAN, and for set up, an internet connection. It plays music via internet music and radio services or from Storage drives accessible from your LAN. This could be a drive on your PC or a NAS drive on your LAN. It does not play the sound output from your computer but can play music stored on the drives of that computer. If you have a NAS drive or use online music services then you do not even need a computer.