Sonos surround not able to play with all other speakers

• 23 December 2017
  • 7 replies

Hi does anyone have a solution for this? When my play ones and soundbar are bonded as a surround sound system I can’t seem to utilize that room to play all speakers together through the house - I don’t want to have to manually deactivate surround each time. I might be missing something here but seems like a functionality issue?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I have same issue. Cant play sound on other speakers when playbase/bar audio input is from the television
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Just to confirm your issues: You have a multi room set-up which includes a Playbar and 2 Play:1's setup as Surrounds but you can't play audio in the other rooms unless you remove the Surrounds from the Playbar?
Yes i have a multiroom set up. The 2 other Rooms come up in my sonos app (ding and outdoor which each have play 5s) and I can pay these separately or together. The issue is that the tv room (this Has the surround play bar, play ones and sub) does not pick up on the sonos app and I can’t pay these together (or select this room individually) with the other rooms when I want to play music. I seem to be stuck with only play my surround from my TV and can’t pick up the speakers without disabling the surround and setting back up each time...?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Somehow it sounds like you have the playbar setup as a separate system. When you are in room with playbar and you look on sonos controller you don't see the other rooms. Do you have a separate access point or wired network in that room that the playbar is connecting to vs. the network the other 2 speakers are on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
When you click on the rooms button at bottom of controller - it doesn't show your playbar combo as one room and your other 2 speakers as another room?
No the paybar combo doesn’t show up in the the rooms. The playbar connects to tv and tv is connected hard wired to the router. The 2 pay ones in the surround are wireless and the other 2 rooms are connected via wireless all to the same router...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Somehow your Playbar is a separate system from your 2 rooms that are wireless.

So your seeing the 2 other rooms in controller. How and under what circumstance then do you see the Playbar group and only the playbar group in your controller?