Answered

Sonos starts playing too loudly

• 18 August 2022
  • 4 replies

When I ask my Arc to play music it plays way too loud and I have to go back and tell it to play at level 3. I have seen older post where it should play at the last know setting but that does not work ie: last setting was at Level 3.  It always plays loud and I have to change the setting. I have looked but do not see a start up setting anyplace. Is there anything that can be done so it starts at a set level? 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 18 August 2022, 22:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What voice command provider do you use? Sonos, Google Assistant, Alexa?

The system is tied into Alexa for voice 

The system is tied into Alexa for voice 

In my own case, here at Home, the Arc is mostly set to 35% and it stays at that volume unless we change it.

Might it be an HDMI-CEC instruction, a controller hardware/lock-screen volume control, or the TV itself that is adjusting the volume level in your case? I would perhaps monitor these things and try to pin-point what device is making the volume adjustment and then go onto address it… So, for example,  if it turned out to be the mobile controller ‘hardware’ buttons, or ‘lock-screen’ controls, then consider disabling that feature in the Sonos App settings, 

Alternatively, before asking Alexa to play music, just simply adjust the Arc volume to begin with, by saying… “Alexa set the volume to 3 (30%)” - pause - “Alexa play some music” etc.

Unlocking the Screen Controls seems like it did the trick

Thanks