Answered

Sonos Shelf for Surround Speakers

• 4 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8
I've been looking at speaker stands and wall mounts for my 5.1 Sonos system arriving tomorrow. I have Sonos One's as surrounds.
My wife saw the Sonos Shelves and she become fond of them and would like to get them. My question is do you seen any disadvantage of using the Sonos Shelf instead of a typical wall mount for surrounds.
I just want to be sure just in case we go this route. All the pictures I've seen seem to be of solo speakers not in a surround system.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 April 2019, 04:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Gosh, I wouldn't think there would be any disadvantage, as long as they were mounted at an appropriate height. I wouldn't, for instance, hang the shelf 8 feet off the ground. But that would go for wall mounts, as well.
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
I'm really thinking the same. I just noticed that there are no pictures of them anywhere in this configuration. As for me, I'm just happy to be getting the system so if wifey wants shelves... she can have them. lol.
Always an important consideration. But as long as your head isn’t directly beneath the shelf, I think you’ll be OK. 😉