Sonos S36 "Fury" Entry-Level Sound Bar

Userlevel 7

If this is true, I’m not sure what I think about it. I guess there is a market for lower-priced sound bars, and I’m sure the “Fury” would sound great in a small room. The article also mentions that it can be used as a surround speaker in its vertical orientation. That would make for a REALLY tall surround speaker at over 21” tall.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/4/21/23035569/sonos-new-soundbar-2022-s36-fury-specs-price-release-date

I was really hoping for a One or Three with an upward firing driver instead.

What are your thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

76 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Goodbye old, hello new. Had to buy a new TV stand for them to fit. Hates me to say it, but they sounds miles better than the Arc, sub and rears. 😞 Trying to convince the wife to let me use the Sonos in a different room and not sell though, so shall see how that goes. 

Have you got the sub also? Tempted to chage my ARC for the sony setup… How do you find it with no dedicated centre channel?

No, haven't got the sub yet. I will be adding it, but need to save some more cash haha. Center channel is fine upon the tests I've done. Only tried it for around an hour so far, but can't say I notice not having a center channel. The height effects though are so good and that's where it really makes the arc sound weak. I like new technology and hats of to the Sony engineers on this one. 

Goodbye old, hello new. Had to buy a new TV stand for them to fit. Hates me to say it, but they sounds miles better than the Arc, sub and rears. 😞 Trying to convince the wife to let me use the Sonos in a different room and not sell though, so shall see how that goes. 

Have you got the sub also? Tempted to chage my ARC for the sony setup… How do you find it with no dedicated centre channel?

No, haven't got the sub yet. I will be adding it, but need to save some more cash haha. Center channel is fine upon the tests I've done. Only tried it for around an hour so far, but can't say I notice not having a center channel. The height effects though are so good and that's where it really makes the arc sound weak. I like new technology and hats of to the Sony engineers on this one. 

My dream scenario Arc 5.1.2 vs HT-A9 4.1.4 One of these days...