sonos problems solved

• 6 June 2021
  • 1 reply

I’ve learnt a lot from you Over the years. Thank you and as a way of saying thank you , I’m posting conversation that might help others

Kept experiencing tiny audio drops (milli seconds) from rear speakers connected via s2 amp connected to arc playbar.

after trying everything , new ethernet, updating software, changing tv settings . But nothing 

then I realised the WiFi was still enabled even though I was connected via Ethernet . Disabled and it fixed it . The WiFi must have clashes on the network.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Chrismc 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! Thanks for your post.

When an Amp is used as a surround device, it wants to communicate directly with the Arc via a dedicated 5GHz link, bypassing the router completely.

When your Amp is connected via ethernet, however, it will use the router and the network to get the same information. 

Rather than disabling WiFi on the Amp, I would recommend you re-enable WiFi on the Amp and disconnect the ethernet cable from the Amp. This will allow it to operate in the intended fashion.

If the Amp is not within range of the Arc, however, then your current configuration is probably best, assuming the Arc is also wired to ethernet.