Answered

Sonos One with PLAY:1 in home theater

• 8 November 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge +2
I have a playbase and sub with on play 1 and just purchased the sonos one. Would I be able to connect the sonos one with the others to complete my surround sound?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 8 November 2017, 18:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

You would need 2 of them. Surround speakers in the Sonos setup (and all others that I'm aware of) require a pair of speakers for surround purposes.
Badge +2
I got one play 1 but can I hook up the new sonos one to it?
Not technically, using the Sonos software. If you search a few of the threads, there's apparently another piece of software out there that allows you to pair the two. I haven't tried it, and am not sure how resilient the pairing is in terms of adding them as surrounds.
Badge +2
Oh man. Ok copy that.
Badge +2
Can I buy a pair of sonos one’s and use as surrounds with my playbase?
Yes. Two Sonos ones can be used as a stereo pair or surrounds.
Badge +2
Ooohh ok that’s good news
Badge +1
Can I pair 1 Sonos One and 1 Play:1? I also have a Sonos SUB and it would be awesome if I could pair all three.
Can I pair 1 Sonos One and 1 Play:1? I also have a Sonos SUB and it would be awesome if I could pair all three.

No, the Sonos app doesn't allow you to pair different types of speakers together for a stereo pair. There are 3rd party apps that will do that, but it is not supported by Sonos. As for the sub, yes, it can be bonded with a valid stereo pair.