Answered

Sonos One Placement

• 11 January 2021
  • 10 replies

Hey everyone I’ve attached pictures of my room and was wondering what would be the best placement for two Sonos One speakers, I was thinking to put one in the corner above my bed (wall mounted) and one on my desk however I’m not sure how that would impact the sound, any suggestions?

The other option is placing them above my bed wall mounted facing my computer

Also the room looks smaller / weird because of the Ultra-wide camera

Thank you

https://imgur.com/a/7DtjUNO

icon

Best answer by Kumar 12 January 2021, 05:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

The general rule for speaker placement is that the speakers should be approximately as far from each other as you are from the speakers. Plus or minus 30% is not the end of the world.

Makes a lot of sense, where would you recommend speakers for a music setup, behind me or in front or would it not matter. What would you say based on the pictures? 

I think my best option is a wall mount above my bed ! Or could put both on my desk too however that would be a lot of sound up close 

Speakers aimed from the front towards the listening area usually works best.

Speakers aimed from the front towards the listening area usually works best.

Yeah that would make sense, is it fine for me to put them of different levels, let’s say one was up on the wall whilst the other was on the desk ? 

I’m thinking to possibly put them above my PC desk as seen on the pictures 

A better place would be on the desk, with each unit flanking the monitors - especially if you spend a lot of time  at the desk. You should then obtain good stereo imaging at the desk. And still get good sound quality in other parts of the room, though volume levels may have to be bumped up a bit when away from the desk.

A better place would be on the desk, with each unit flanking the monitors - especially if you spend a lot of time  at the desk. You should then obtain good stereo imaging at the desk. And still get good sound quality in other parts of the room, though volume levels may have to be bumped up a bit when away from the desk.

Sounds good, and no worries I’m happy to bump the sound up, also wouldn’t it hurt the sound quality to put it behind the monitor ? 
thanks for your help 

Flanking, as in on either side of the monitor. Pointing directly forward or pointed slightly towards the listener at the desk.

Flanking, as in on either side of the monitor. Pointing directly forward or pointed slightly towards the listener at the desk.

Awesome, I’ll point them slightly towards me. Appreciate your help! 

These would be ideal:

https://www.flexson.com/product/desk-stand-for-sonos-one-one-sl-and-play1/

As in my desk set up:

Set up like this, good stereo recordings yield a sound stage where music seems to emanate from behind the computer as well.