Answered

sonos one gen 2

• 16 July 2019
  • 3 replies

How do I get my sonos one gen 2 to play the tv sound without being grouped with my Playbar and sub. My 2 ones are a stereo pair. I did add a different one because Best Buy had them on sale. Now when I added new speaker to existing sonos one, speakers will play in a group Playbar + sub and 2 ones 2nd gen. Now when I ungroup and play the 2 ones by themselves for tv sound there’s nothing. Then in order for sound to come through again I have to go to browse and tap the tv button. I don’t know what to do cause it worked fine before I added new speaker
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 16 July 2019, 09:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
There are only two ways of playing TV sound through a play of Sonos Ones:

1/ Add the two speakers as Surround players to the Playbar + Sub
2/ Leave the Stereo Pair as a separate room and then group them in the Sonos App. Note: If you want these two Sonos Rooms to be grouped together all of the time, then please open the Sonos App>Setting>Room Settings and select your Playbar + Sub. Then select TV and ensure that 'Ungroup on Autoplay' is not selected. This will stop the group breaking apart when the TV signal is detected.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
If you add them as Surrounds you can then set them for Full rather than Ambient sound for music playback.
Thanks for the help!!i greatly appreciate it!!