Answered

Sonos not playing through Sony TV

• 9 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi, hoping someone might be able to help.

we purchased a new Sony tv this year and we have connected our playbar and our play 3 to the tv.  All was going fine until one day we turned on tv and there was no sound through the Sonos.

I had to switch the speakers back to tv speakers and I haven’t been able to get Sonos to play sound through tv since.

When I do have the audio speakers selected on the tv and I turn the volume up and down with the report it does change the volume settings in the Sonos app.  So even tho there is no sound the tv and the Sonos app are still connect some how.

I can also play music through the Sonos app to the speakers.  So I know the speakers work fine.

I can recall a recent Sony update- but I can find any evidence to show that might be the reason for the drop out.

any suggestions welcome.  Thank you!!

icon

Best answer by controlav 9 September 2020, 14:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Your TV probably forgot its audio settings with the latest update.

Check your TV is sending Dolby Digital 5.1 over optical output. How you do this in the TV Settings depends on the model, which you did not specify.

Once you get it working again, take photos of the settings screens so you can fix it next time.

The remote still working makes sense as the playbar can still see the IR from your remote, its just not getting an audio signal in the correct format.

Thanks- I will check that setting again.  I have been through the settings and checked all that.  But will have a play again.

the photo idea is great!!

will let you know how I go