Answered

Sonos new AMP and Sonos:AMP as supporting rear speakers...

• 19 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi,
I have a question regarding the coming new AMP. I´d like to make a surround system with the new AMP as left/right and digital connected SUB and, here is the question, a Sonos:AMP as supporting cable installed rear speakers. This is possible with Playbar/playBase/Beam, but with the new AMP?. Secondly, would it be even greater to use a Beam as center, cabled left/right/Sub by AMP and Sonos:AMP cabled rear?
icon

Best answer by John B 19 November 2018, 17:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Yes and no. Yes to the first point - you can use one Amp for fronts, and can attach a Sonos Sub and/or a third party wired powered Sub. Plus another Amp to drive passive rear speakers.
No to the second question. Actually a moot point as to whether this would be even greater, as Beam as centre only will not be possible.
Thank you! Ive used the wrong description for the units, what I meant was new Amp in front and connect:amp as rear, but I guess you figured that out??
No, I answered the question asked!! But lots of people do call the C:A the 'Sonos Amp', which has now become confusing.

C:A for rear speakers is also possible, but requires a wired connection to whatever is running the show, be it Playbar/Base, Beam or new Sonos:Amp.